When you were born I use to always tell people that I could not wait until this nightmare was over. That I knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel but when would I get there? How long would it take?
Well my son, today you turn three and I can say that not only have we seen the light but we have come out from the other side of the tunnel. No more specialist, no more therapist. ALL PRAISE TO OUR GOD.
You are growing up like all other boys, rambunctious, mischievous (your sister can attest to that) and healthy. This is no small miracle for you. Mommy has been melancholy and reminiscing the last few days about our journey. Remembering when you were still in my womb and Daddy asked the doctor right after we heard you had an Omphalocele and Trisinomy 18 how sure he was and he said 99% sure and then give us options. Even then before I saw your face I knew those were not options I would ever entertain. Then you were born and you came out screaming at the top of your lungs letting me know you were a fighter just like mommy. Or when the doctors told me while you were in NICU that you where a very sick little boy and that I needed to get prepared. Prince, so but so many memories like this come to my mind and you defied each and every one of them with God as your warrior.
Today's my biggest issues are making sure you make it to the potty on time and ensuring you dont bring your system to the crazy side.
I am so very proud of the big boy you are becoming. You remind me all the time that you are no longer a baby but a big boy. Although from the picture below, (that I just took of you napping on your special day dirty face and all) you are still my baby. I continue to be amazed by the miracle you are and what you are to become. You and sissy continue to be my teachers and I the student. I look forward to many more journeys with you and her. Always reach for the stars my prince and never look down.
I love you,
Mami
| Harrison is pooped out on his 3rd birthday. Dirty face and all. |
No comments:
Post a Comment