Thank you God for the amazing progress Harrison is making. HE EATS EVERYTHING. Today, for breakfast he had a bowl of oatmeal, lunch – mash potatoes and gravy, dinner cold cereal with milk and snacks – peanut butter, peach, crackers, ice scream, watermelon, etc….
He is down to only 6oz of formula a day which I feed via his g-button when we go to bed. His nutritionist/therapist came today and he got weighed, he gained another 1/2lbs. We are almost at 17lbs. They continue to praise him and tell me he is a miracle that they have never seen a child with his feeding issues overcome them as quickly as he has. I tell them this is all because of GOD.
The therapist is certain that by the time he turns 2 he will have the g-button gone. We go back to the Dr's in August and I think we are going to try cutting him off tube feeding altogether and see how he does. The litmus test to remove the g-tube is 6wks of no tube feeding and continued weight gain. Lord, hear my prayers this is in your hands.
My brain cannot even wrap around the concept that there may be a day sooner than later that I will not need to do deal anymore g-tubes, cleaning of tubes, ordering of supplies, etc…. and that he 100% normal (I know that sound bad but I cannot think of another word). Could my nightmare be coming to an end? Lord it is in your hands. What was impossible for man has ALWAYS BEEN POSSIBLE TO YOU.
One family's journey through the ups and downs of our miracle child born with a giant Omphalocele.
Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 13-16
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 13-16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment