I am such a bad mommy as it has been so long since I wrote but so much has happened. First and Foremost Glory to my Lord for all the miracles he has done in Harrison and my life. With that said....
On December 8, 2010, Harrison went in for another attempt at repairing his Omphalocele (or so we thought). The surgeon told us that he would definitely have to use mesh but much less than last time and that Harrison would be on a vent for a few days but it all would depend on how his lung would tolerate this procedure and that the this would be the last procedure until he is about 3-4 y/o. I was so happy to think that Harrison would not require surgery again for a few years. Well this was the surgeon’s expectations of what would happen. BUT GOD HAD OTHER PLANS. After about 1.5hrs in surgery the surgeon comes out and tells us he is all done. Not understanding I asked him what exactly did he mean? He told us that Harrison had enough stomach muscles and that he was able to repair his Omphalocele forever. In other words, NO MORE SURGERIES!!!! As soon as I heard this I burst into tears and started to give praise to my Lord. I told the surgeon this is a miracle, and he being the Christian man that he was, he agreed, started to cry with me and said to God all the Glory. But that was not the only good news. During surgery his numbers barely moved so when he was sent to PICU he was already extubated. At this point the plan was to bring him back into surgery in a few days, repair the hernias, and call it done. Words still cannot capture the emotions I was feeling.
Hours after the surgery, (BTW, Harrison did not get the memo that he just had major surgery) Harrison was sitting up and wanting to crawl all over the PICU. Needless to say, he was out of the PICU after less than a day. We stayed in the hospital for a few more days and then he had his hernias repaired. Next day we went home and Harrison has never looked back.
We had a great Christmas. My two babies were home. Emerson and Harrison were spoiled with the abundance of gifts (I could not control myself) and my family all joined us on Christmas day to celebrate Jesus’ birth and Harrison’s 1st Christmas home. Days after, Harrison finally sprouted his two front teeth. For a minute, I thought my boy was going to be toothless. What a relief :). Since then he has sprouted his 4 teeth on the top and starting to break the other 2 in the bottom.
So now we are concentrating on the eating. Currently he is eating 2x a day (about 1 jar of baby food a day) and tasting everything we eat. For example, today was during our Superbowl party (Daddy, Mommy, Sissy, Mama, and Harrison) and he was going to town tasting and sucking on a piece of shrimp! I see this and have so much hope that he will eat someday and that the micky button will be a thing of the past. God will deliver us from this as well. I know.
So much more to write but it will be another day.
God Bless
One family's journey through the ups and downs of our miracle child born with a giant Omphalocele.
Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 13-16
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 13-16
Glad to read this update. God only gives us what we can handle. I pray for you daily and know that this will all be in the past. God Bless - Susan
ReplyDelete