Psalm 139: 13-16

For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139: 13-16

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Love Letter

It has been a year since you came into this world and we started our journey together.  As I sit here trying to put into words the miracle that is your first year of life my heart is flooded with so many emotions and I can only praise my Father in Heaven for you.  

My prince, you see, you were never suppose to be here.  If it was not for God's amazing love for your mommy instead of celebrating your life today I would be mourning your absence. 

I remember the first time I held you, ten days after you were born, I could feel your soft yet fragile skin touch mine and our eyes met.  Those beautiful blue eyes (mommy knew they were going to be blue) gazed fixed on me telling me "I know who you are and I am safe in your arms".  At that precise moment, I knew that I would never love another man the way I love you and that I with the grace of God would climb whatever mountain, swim whatever river to ensure that you had the best care required to make you well so you could come home to me.  

My son, 9 weeks and 3 days later, you finally came home to me.  I slept when you slept, I ate when you ate, I smiled when you smiled, and cried when you cried nothing outside of you and your sister mattered to me.  I woke up every day because of (both of) you.   

Over the last 365 days, you have been my teacher.  God, through you, has taught me the true meaning of joy, patience, determination, resilience, and love.  Your stubborn, mommy has learned to surrender all to God and he has shown me that was has been impossible for man is POSSIBLE for him.  

Son, God has an amazing plan for your life.   Through the miracle that you are, God has and will continue to touch lives.  Never forget that you are fearfully and wonderfully made and to GOD all the GLORY.

I will conclude my letter as I hear your sweet cry calling me from your bed letting me know you need me. But mommy is looking forward to experiencing life through your eyes in the years to come.  It will be full of ups and downs but together and with God as our Pilot NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE so reach for the stars my prince and never look down. 

 I will love you always and forever, my prince.  

 Mommy

Here you are on your birthday with your Cowboy Costume

We love your curly hair and hope it never changes.

Your sister wanted to be a cowgirl for your party too.  She loves parties

Daddy is helping you eat your cake but you were not having it

No comments:

Post a Comment