Finally after months of waiting Harrison got his mickey button two days ago. I absolutely love it. It is giving him a sense of freedom and quality of life that he has not had so far.
Lately, I have been reflecting on his 1st year of life and it feels like just yesterday my genetic neonatologist told me that he was 99.9% sure that my unborn child would not go full term and that he had Trisonomy 13 or 18. He did not even give me hope to be able to deliver this child and then gave me what he considered to be safest option - termination. For anyone that is a mother, they know that this is not an option at all.
I thank my Father everyday that his conviction and presence were so strong in my life during this time because if they weren't I may have taken the doctor's recommendation and where would I be today, who knows?
I have been blessed to see my boy thrive these last 11 months. I am a better person, stronger woman, and more compassionate mother because of what I have lived through. I look forward to my son walking, eating, and going to school someday reminding me everyday that God answers prayers and miracles do happen.
God Bless. Keep the Faith.
One family's journey through the ups and downs of our miracle child born with a giant Omphalocele.
Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 13-16
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 13-16
Hallelujah! Our God is AWESOME!!!!~Deanna
ReplyDelete