Psalm 139: 13-16

For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139: 13-16

Friday, September 24, 2010

Maintanance Mode

It has been a while since I have posted, this is a good sign, no major events.  :)

Harrison had his G-Tube placed about 2 weeks ago and on the 19th he goes for the g-button placement.   We have slowly increased the volume on the feeds, he is at 115ml every 3-3.5hrs.  Still under 12lbs but by a hair.  At the nurse weigh in yesterday he was 11lbs 15.8oz. 

After we go for the button we are in maintenance mode trying to get him to gain weight and get bigger so that when we do the next surgery hopefully it will be the last.  (in other words no mesh is needed and we just close his belly up).  THIS IS SUCH A SLOW PROCESS.

He is doing baby steps with his feeding (I keep forgetting he is a baby).  He is trying lots of different foods (baby food, ice cream, baby bitter biscuits, ice cubes, golf fish cracker crumbs, etc....) and really enjoying them but we don't have any real volume that I would say "Wow, he ate a good amount" and from everything I read it is going to be a while before he is there.  So thank you GOD for the blessing that at least he tries stuff.  I am leaning on the side that he needs to learn how to eat and drink rather then he has a problem with different foods, texture, etc...  Need to talk to my doctors and therapist about this.

The best thing out of all of this is that my boy's face is able to shine. He is beautiful. 

He is also reaching some milestones:  Finally doing raspberries thanks to his big sister that taught him.  

Talking about his sister.  She is soo great.  So spunky and full of life.  Thank you God for giving her to me.  She is really blossoming into a wonderful child of God and is such a great helper with Harrison.  I know that he is going to get further with her help than if she was not here.  She really pushes him and he wants to please and keep up with her at all times. 

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment